Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake

Hi All,


It's Saturday again, and recipe time. The recipe I chose for this week is courtesy of Belinda McBride. Belinda posted this on TRS, and it sounded so delicious I had to share. This Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake is very easy to make. I would love to know how it turned out if you choose to make it.


Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake




*Make your favorite crust, or buy on that's pre- made. I made one out of crushed Oreo cookies and a little bit of butter.*


Ingredients:

3 packages of cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
4 eggs, room temperature
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla


Directions:


1.Using a large bowl, beat the cheese till its smooth, blend in the chocolate. Add the eggs one at a time till blended. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Don't overbeat, you do not want to incorporate air into the batter. Place prepared crust on a baking pan and fill it with batter.


2.Place in oven that's been preheated to 325 degrees. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until the center is nearly set. (you want a jiggly area about 2 inches across. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it. Cool at least an hour before removing from the pan. Keep refrigerated.


You can serve this with ganache topping, whipped cream, or a berry sauce. Yields about a dozen servings, (less if you're a piggy like me) and has about a gajillion calories.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh this sounds so yummy...The picture is making me hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. Now I'm dreaming of fudge cheesecake. It's like a song that keeps playing in your head, but of course I'm not gaining calories this way. LOL

    --Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)